What better day for our new mystery to come out? It is called Jenny’s Shadow and is targeted directly at the national science curriculum of England, but also touches on the English curriculum too.
It’s a perfect way to introduce students to the curriculum topics of ‘Everyday effects of light’ and ‘periodic changes’. This is in two ways:
- the relevance, due to this morning’s exciting and nationwide event – there’s even one slip specifically about the solar eclipse
- the story, which involves a young girl called Jenny, who runs an experiment on shadows with her friends
If you want to try this task, there are three ways:
- iPad: Search 'Digital Mysteries Science' on the App Store now or click here
- Windows: If you don’t have iPads, try our free trial for PCs and laptops – it works for 28 days and there is no obligation after that - click here
- Paper task: Email email@example.com with subject ‘Jenny Shadow paper’ and I’ll send you a PDF to try out